Simple Yogurt Parfait
It’s back to the grind from home with the recent tighter COVID-19 measures. To make stay-home meals interesting and at the same time keep our health in check, we’ve put together a simple 5-minute yogurt parfait recipe that is wholesome and delicious for breakfast, snack, or even dessert!
In this recipe, we used Ujong Gourmet’s Pandan Coconut Granolas – tossed together using freeze-dried pandan leaves, Javanese vanilla, cashews, sunflower seeds and baked coconut chips with gluten-free rolled oats for a source of wholesome fibre and protein. We also added some natural tartness to the pan-baked granolas with red kiwifruit as it was in season and rich in vitamin C, and antioxidants such as anthocyanins that help to improve mood and wellbeing! Not forgetting strawberries – its heart-shaped silhouette tells you that this fruit is good for you. The tiny strawberry is packed with vitamins and fibre, and is a great source of antioxidants, manganese and potassium – just one serving provides more vitamin C than an orange!
Pile them up together with protein and calcium-rich yogurt and you have yourself a refreshing treat to start the day right, or an instant mood-lifter that packs a punch! Best of all, there’s no hard rule to creating your own yogurt parfait – you can throw in whatever you favor or is in season!
Easy | Serves 2
- 2 cups Vanilla Yogurt (We used Honey Yogurt)
- 1 cup Ujong Gourmet Pandan Coconut Artisanal Baked Granolas
- 1 – 2 Fresh Strawberries, diced
- 1 Fresh Red Kiwifruit, diced
- 1 Strawberry, sliced at the tip for garnish
- In your choice of tableware, place a few scoops of yogurt at the base.
- Layer with some diced red kiwifruits and a few scoops of Pandan Coconut granolas.
- Repeat step 2 with diced strawberries and Pandan Coconut granolas.
- Add on other layer if you please and finish off by garnishing with a whole strawberry.
- Serve with your favourite Ujong Gourmet Herbal Tisane or Gryphon tea! We paired our Yogurt Parfait with a classic Gryphon British Breakfast!