Baked Granola Bars
World Baking Day falls on 17th May and so we thought of the perfect way to bring something delicious to the average working weekday – by baking some wholesome fibre and protein-packed granola bars for the family!
Using healthier choice ingredients such as honey and cinnamon which are good sources of antioxidants, we combined them with brown sugar and Ujong Gourmet’s Sumatra Mocha Granolas for that rich, nutty flavour from aromatic Javanese coffee and Balinese Cacao nibs. Baking granolas not only help to hold the granola bars together without the use of too much liquid sweeteners, it also enhances the crunchiness and toasty flavours of the gluten-free rolled oats. Plus, it makes it easier to enjoy as a mid-day snack or a snack any time of the day really.
Medium-Easy | Yields 18 bars
- 6 tablespoons (3oz/85g) Unsalted Butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (4oz/115g) Honey
- 2 tablespoons Maple Syrup (or you can replace it with Honey)
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 3 cups (9oz/255g) Ujong Gourmet Sumatra Mocha Artisanal Baked Granolas
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 180°C, then line a 9 x 12 inch baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the unsalted butter, honey, maple syrup, brown sugar and cinnamon. Allow to simmer until the sugar has dissolved and a dark syrup has formed.
- Remove from the heat and fold in Ujong Gourmet Sumatra Mocha Granola and salt. Using a spatula, continue to fold everything together until evenly coated in the syrup.
- Transfer the granola mixture to the prepared baking tray and press down using your spatula into one evenly packed layer.
- Bake the granola bars for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown and toasted on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool to room temperature before lifting the whole sheet out of the tray.
- Cut them in 1 ½ x 4 inch bars. This will yield 18 granola bars.
- Serve the granola bars with a soothing cup of Ujong Gourmet Herbal Tisane or pair them with an uplifting brew of Gryphon Tea Marrakesh Mint. Cover and store the remaining granola bars in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.